Our Wales and West Vision Conference 2014 was held in Cardiff at the end of June with incredible speakers again this year, and we have also just delivered our first ever service user conference – i-Sight in Abergavenny.
We would like to thank all the speakers publicly for their fantastic contributions which have made both events such phenominal successes.
Our Speakers were:
Wales & West Vision Conference
- Mike Brace former CEO of Vision 2020. What an indredible man and an inspiration – it was a privilidge to have Mike at both our events.
- Dr Stephen Hicks – Research Fellow in Neuroscience and Visual Prosthetics at Oxford University
- Mr Richard Wormald – Consultant Ophthalmologist, Head of Epidemiology, Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Professor Marcela Votruba – Consultant Ophthalmologist and expert in inherited eye disease. Professor Votruba has been recently appointed as the new head of the University’s School of Optometry and Vision Sciences
- Mr Manoj Kulshrestha – Reader in Rural Health – MB ChB FRCSI CCST (Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training) in Ophthalmology
- Antonia John – Senior Access and Housing Consultant RNIB
i-Sight Conference Abergavenny
- Dr Barbara Ryan (Chief Optometric Adviser for the Welsh Government ) who gave the opening address
- Professor Colin M Dayan MA MBBS FRCP PhD who spoke on “Diabetes and Thyroid Eye Disease”
- Tony Rucinski – Newly appointed CEO of the Macular Society
- Mike Brace CBE
- Amanda Reeves – Macular Society
THANK YOU – ALL OF YOU!!!