Sight Cymru can provide practical support to help people with a visual impairment to claim their Welfare Rights
We provide help in your own home for people with sight loss.
We can help with advice on what you are entitled to, and assist you with any claims. We can even represent you at Tribunal if you have received an unfavourable decision.
Why not give us a ring on 01495 763650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you.
How we can help you…
- Benefit Checks – Making sure you are receiving your full Welfare Rights entitlement
- Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance – Helping people with problems with mobility, washing, eating, bathing, taking medication etc to claim their disability benefit entitlement.
- Employment & Support Allowance – Help claiming if you are unable to work due to sickness
- Housing Benefit & Council Tax Benefit – Help claiming for help with your rent and/or Council Tax
- Social Fund – Help applying for a grant to help you through an emergency, or to help you leave hospital or other institution
- Carers Allowance – Help with claiming your entitlements if you care for 30 hrs or more a week for someone who receives Attendance Allowance, or middle or higher rate care component of Disability Living Allowance
- Pension Credit – Help for people over retirement age to top up your income if you are on a low income
- Income Support – Help for working age people on a low income because you are caring for a child or disabled person
- Tax Credits – Help to claim Working and Child Tax Credits
- Tax Allowance – Help claiming the Blind Person’s Tax Allowance
- Better off calculations – Help to identify how a change of circumstances such as a new job, new baby or a partner moving in will affect your benefits.
Not sure if you are entitled to extra help? Ask us – we can advise you!