About Sight Cymru
An independent Welsh charity, formerly known as Sight Support, that was established in 1865.
With our registered Head Office is in Pontypool, Torfaen, we pride ourselves on being the only entirely Welsh sight loss agency that provides services throughout Wales.
We aim to:
- Help people with sight loss in Wales
- Prevent unnecessary sight loss
- Support Welsh authorities and health boards in providing excellent rehabilitation services
- Train professionals, carers, service users, friends and family
- Provide advice to develop the eye-care sector throughout Wales
Our team of 25 staff and, very importantly, over 100 volunteers, all of whom are dedicated and well trained to help blind and partially sighted people, provide our support services.
The services we provide include:
- Rehabilitation & mobility (helping someone get on with their lives by adjusting how they do things after losing their sight)
- Information, advice and advocacy
- Welfare rights assistance
- Clubs and activities
- Aids, equipment and resources specially designed for independence training
- Technology Assistance with our A.C.E project
- Befriending and Telephone Support
If you know someone who is struggling with everyday tasks such as seeing a clock face, or identifying a loved one by sight please encourage them to get in touch. If we can help them we will, but we can also help them get in touch with services available in their neighbourhood.